1136 Lane Hall
204 S. State Street
Ann Arbor, MI
Phone: 734–764–9537
Fax: 734–764–9533


Funding Opportunities

IRWG provides direct funding to University of Michigan faculty members and graduate students pursuing research, scholarship, or other creative activities that focus on women and gender.

U-M faculty members may apply for Faculty Seed Grants, Collaborative Planning Grants, and Sisters Fund for Global Health Grants.

Untenured U-M faculty may apply for funding from the Junior Faculty Scholars Program.

Alternatively, funding to start an IRWG Program may better suit faculty members who want to develop collaborative, interdisciplinary projects.

Graduate students may apply for the IRWG/Rackham Community of Scholars program, Rackham Research Awards or the Boyd/Williams Dissertation Grant for Research on Women and Work.

Faculty members from U-M and other institutions may apply to organize a Feminist Research Seminar.

Please review the individual opportunities for guidelines and deadlines.